Default groups

While figuring out a way to colour e-mails from people in my aliases, I've
discovered mutt's address groups. That will do what I'm after, except that
it looks like I have to add a -group option to all my alias definitions
to make it work.  That will break whenever I use the 'a' command to add
a new alias to my alias_file.

Is there any reason that aliases (as well as alternates, lists, etc.)
couldn't be added to a default group if one isn't specified?  That would let
users do things like match "%f _aliases" or "%t _alternates" (and make ~l
equivalent to "%C _lists").  I'd be happy to come up with a patch if
there's no other way to do this presently.

>>> Dan