Re: [Mutt] #3040: charset difference between index browser and

On Tuesday, March 18 at 08:42 PM, quoth Mutt:
set assumed_charset=UTF-8
set charset=UTF-8//TRANSLIT

Do not set $charset. There are very few good reasons for it.

There is *never* a good reason to use UTF-8 and //TRANSLIT at the same time.

Suppose my name (Miek Gieben) would contain some high unicode codepoint character at the second position. In the index browser it would be displayed as
  M?ek Gieben

It's possible that your name is being mis-encoded in email, and so it is taking various paths through mutt on the way to being displayed based on whether mutt notices the problem or not.

My guess would be: make sure your name is properly encoded, and stop setting your $charset manually.

This is not a bug in mutt; the proper venue for this question would be the mutt-user mailing list.

~Kyle
--
The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, "Behold, a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!" Yet wisdom is justified by her deeds.
                                                      -- Matthew 11:19