Re: [Mutt] #3015: Segmentation Fault on redirection operator

#3015: Segmentation Fault on redirection operator

Comment (by P V Mathew):

 {{{
 Mutt wrote:
 > #3015: Segmentation Fault on redirection operator
 >
 > Comment (by Rocco Rutte):
 >
 >  {{{
 >  Hi,
 >
 >  * Mutt wrote:
 >
 >  >> Since the sendmail-calling code explicetely tests for 'from' being
 >  >> exactly one address, I guess it's an invalid assumption that a
 >  >> message always has a sender address?
 >
 >  > may be... mutt should exit grace fully giving some proper error
 message.

 >  Exiting is just as bad if you ask me. IMHO it should have some fallback
 >  and try that one and display the error in case the server returns one.
 >
 >  > segmentation fault looks terrible(well, at least to a end user!)
 >
 >  ACK.
 >
 >  >> I'd be interested as to when this happens (and why) since mutt
 should
 >  >> IMHO always generate some sender for any outgoing message...
 >
 >  > I tried to  determine that, but  the code is too complicated to me.
 >
 >  I didn't mean finding the bug in the code (if there's any) but rather
 >  any usage pattern this happens on.
 >
 >  Rocco
 >  }}}

 In my case msg->env->from exists and is defined until block of lines
 1474 to 1489 in send.c

 1. even in batch mode control enters this block as default value of
 OPT_COPY is M_YES

 2. is the variable killfrom being re-used?

 3. in my case, killfrom is true even before entry in this block. Hence
 the address gets freed at line 1486.

 4. if i change the line 1474 to :

     if (!fcc[0] && !(flags & (SENDPOSTPONED)) && !(flags & SENDBATCH))

 from the existing :

   if (!fcc[0] && !(flags & (SENDPOSTPONED)) && (!(flags & SENDBATCH) ||
 (quadoption (OPT_COPY) & 0x1)))

 no more seg fault occurs and the mail gets send properly.

 regards
 mathew p v

 }}}

--