[Mutt] #3019: Wish: auto-delete certain incoming attachments

#3019: Wish: auto-delete certain incoming attachments

 I get a lot of emails that routinely include an image attachment as a
 signature (e.g. corporate logo that wastes 43K in every message).  The
 filenames of the images may vary (e.g. pic15146.jpg, every time it's a
 different number in the filename), but these files' contents always match
 something in a small set of images that I don't want to keep
 seeing/storing.

 I'd like, either when I retrieve messages via POP, or when I view the
 message, for Mutt to automatically compare the attachments' checksums
 against a list of known values, and if an attachment happens to match
 something in my list, automatically delete that attachment, without any
 direct action needed on my part.

 On a related note, as various people reply to a message that had
 attachments, the same attached files will often reappear in each reply.
 I'd like for Mutt to recognize that some of the attached files are copes
 of other attachments that I've recently received in other messages, or
 that I've sent out.  In this case, I'd want Mutt to ask me before deleting
 the attachment from the newly-received message.

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/3019>