Re: [Mutt] #3007: cache doesn't set imap flags correctly

#3007: cache doesn't set imap flags correctly

Comment (by Bruno Postle):

 {{{
 On Thu 03-Jan-2008 at 15:03 -0000, Mutt wrote:
 >#3007: cache doesn't set imap flags correctly
 >
 > When using the header cache, most of the time the messages that were
 read
 > in some mailbox get the wrong flags. For example, one reads about a
 dozen
 > new messages. They are all marked as read. Mailbox is synced ($). Exit
 the
 > mailbox and reenter: the same messages are marked as new again, or
 > sometimes old.

 I see this occasionally on an unpatched mutt with courier-imap and
 header cacheing.  Specifically it seems to go something like this:
 read a message (clearing any 'new' flag), mark it as 'new' with 'N',
 then mark it as 'read' with 'N'.  Close the mailbox, reopen and the
 message is 'new' again.

 I tend to keep the same mailbox open for weeks on end, so possibly
 this only happens when the mailbox is closed abruptly.
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/3007#comment:>