Re: [Mutt] #2899: progress display is now too slow for common

Hi,

* Vincent Lefevre [07-11-07 12:16:56 +0100] wrote:
On 2007-11-06 23:20:12 -0000, Mutt wrote:
 I don't think there's a good reason for this to be configurable. It
 should be just high enough not to reduce performance. I think it would
 be better to be able to use the same muttrc regardless of the terminal
 you happen to be using at any given time. For example, I usually use
 mutt directly, but sometimes I ssh into my desktop from a bad wireless
 link. I'd rather not have a special muttrc setting for this case if I
 can avoid it.

Displaying progress information 4 times a second works well with both
slow and fast connections.

After having thought about it for a while now, the time_inc approach is just an internal limit to not make mutt flood the screen with pointless progress updates. So yes, I think simply going by 4/second makes sense or possibly 2 only so that really fast operations at best don't even trigger an update.

Rocco