Re: [Mutt] #2956: Recipien

On Tuesday, September 18 at 09:03 AM, quoth Mutt:
On the other hand, the question is what to do when all charsets in $send_charset fail and $charset does not match an officially assigned charset name, like in your case.

The options are 1) go ahead with a charset possibly not supported on the receiving side or 2) go ahead with a possible broken encoding in a valid charset.

There's also option 3) refuse to send the mail, and display an error message. I prefer this option. I don't like the idea of mutt being a potential source of bad email.

~Kyle
--
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
                                                    -- Albert Einstein