Re: [Mutt] #2952: <BackSpace> should use terminal settings

#2952: <BackSpace> should use terminal settings

Comment (by Vincent Lefevre):

 {{{
 On 2007-09-07 17:24:40 -0000, Mutt wrote:
 > #2952: <BackSpace> should use terminal settings
 >
 >  When <BackSpace> is used in a macro or key binding, the expected result
 is
 >  that pressing the backspace key will trigger that macro or key binding.
 >  However, since <BackSpace> is considered an alias for {{{^H}}} and not
 all
 >  terminals emit {{{^H}}} when the backspace key is pressed, this can
 lead
 >  to unexpected behavior. Mutt *should* attempt to detect what the
 BackSpace
 >  key is by fetching the "erase" key from current environment (the same
 way
 >  stty does).

 I can't reproduce this problem here. For instance, my terminal
 generates ^? when I type the BackSpace key, and if I add

   bind editor <backspace> backward-char

 to my .muttrc, then BackSpace does a backward-char as required
 by the line above.
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/2952#comment:>