Re: No percentage count?

On Thursday, 05 July 2007 at 10:32, Paul Walker wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just noticed that the Debian 1.5.16 mutt, and the tip of the tree, no
> longer seem to give me percentages when loading a mailbox. I found those
> quite useful to know how much longer it had to go. :-)
>
> Were they removed deliberately? Or did I just not notice a configuration
> change?

Looks like this did it: http://dev.mutt.org/hg/mutt/rev/247c2c8467fe

The progress bar ticks in messages, but the total is in bytes, because
the total number of messages isn't known. The easy hack would be to
make the mailbox progress bar tick in bytes too, but it would be nicer
if we had a way to compute progress in bytes but display the count as
number of messages...