Re: folder browser: use file time + size rather than symlink's

=- Daniel Jacobowitz wrote on Mon 25.Jun'07 at 12:56:41 -0400 -=

> On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 05:57:45PM +0200, Rado S wrote:
> > =- Daniel Jacobowitz wrote on Sun 24.Jun'07 at 21:46:44 -0400 -=

> > > I'd actually think the other behavior was more useful...
> >
> > When you save to a symlink-folder, the link's date+size shown in
> > browser doesn't change, but the file's it is pointing to. Why is
> > it more useful to only see the quasi static mtime of the symlink
> > and its static size when actually the file behind it changes?
>
> Sorry, I confused the file browser and the folder browser.

I was about to say "they're the same", but this reminded me that the
patch affects even attachment and all other directory listings.
Still I don't see any place _within mutt_ where returning the
link data is more useful than the destination the link points to.

All you need to know about a link is that it is a link,
while anything else is more interesting from the destination.