Re: [Mutt] #2914: mutt-1.5.16: Patches for minor enhancements

On 2007-06-18 10:40:10 -0000, Mutt wrote:
>   * edit-visual.udiff            --> OPS  compose.c  functions.h
>
>     New function  "edit-visual / OP_COMPOSE_EDIT_VISUAL".
>
>     Therefore it is possible to have two editors at the same time:
>      + The fast builtin editor for small mails.
>      + The individual visual editor for big mails.
>     Default binding:  v

AFAIK, Mutt's builtin editor is just a line editor and is not used
for typing mails. I don't see the point of this patch (there's already
edit-message to edit the message).

>   * makefile.dotlock.udiff       --> Makefile.in
>
>      + Update of make variable  "mutt_dotlock_DEPENDENCIES".
>      + New make variable  "mutt_dotlock_CFLAGS".
>      + New target  "mutt_dotlock.$(OBJEXT):"  for compiling
>        "mutt_dotlock".
>
>     I'm not familiar with GNU automake.  Therefore i didn't modify
>     "Makefile.am".

Makefile.in is generated from Makefile.am (thus is not in the
repository). So, this patch is invalid.

>   * makefile.dst.udiff           --> contrib/Makefile.in  doc/Makefile.in

Ditto.

>   * space-is-default.udiff       --> curs_lib.c
>
>     <Space>  additionally triggers the default if a yes/no question
>     is asked.

I'm not really in favor of accepting <Space> too, unless this is
well-accepted (e.g. also used by other software).

>   * visual-editmsg.udiff         --> editmsg.c
>
>     Minor modification of the first argument of  "mutt_edit_file":
>     Additionally use  "Visual".

Same remark as above.

Now, the manual should be more detailed concerning the difference
between $editor or $visual (since in practice, $editor is used as
a visual editor).