Re: special chars

* Mon Mar 19 2007 TAKAHASHI Tamotsu <ttakah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> * Mon Mar 19 2007 Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@xxxxxxxx>
> > >* Sun Mar 18 2007 Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@xxxxxxxx>
>
> (snip)
>
> > The locale should be ok since vim console and friends are displaying
> > the correct chars.
> >
> > Actually ? as ue is right in vim but let's see the mail coming back
> > to my mutt-dev folder.
> >
> > Please notice, that a checkout from 20070301 works well with the
> > exact same rc settings.
>
> So you have trouble composing - not reading - a message?

Composing a message is done as following:
1) Mutt gives a template (in $charset) to $editor
2) $editor returns the file (in $charset) to mutt
3) Mutt converts the file to $send_charset and sends it out

Now, 1) and 2) should be OK because your VIM worked OK.
(Please press <enter> in the compose menu to review your
message. Does it show the chars correctly?)

And your $charset is the same as your Content-Type:charset.
So 3) does nothing. No conversion, no problem.

Well, I feel lost. Could you show your
iconv-hook, charset-hook, attach_charset, and send_charset?

Also, please tell me what VIM says when you query these encs:
 :set fenc
 :set fencs
 :set tenc
If fenc or tenc is different from iso-8859-1, that's the
problem.

* Mon Mar 19 2007 Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> On 2007-03-19 15:52:27 +0900, TAKAHASHI Tamotsu wrote:
>
> > The manual tells that "format=flowed" messages are _plain ASCII
> > messages_
>
> I'd hope that this is a documentation bug (but haven't bothered to
> check), and that the documentation is meant to say "plain text".

Okay, RFC3676 allows non-US-ASCII. I've just checked.

> There is no reason why format=flowed can't work with any character
> set that's a superset of ASCII.
>
> (Testing äöüß)

Good. So the problem is in "diff muttrc-tlr muttrc-riesebie"

--
tamo