Re: imap/2837: MYRIGHTS not understood by Mirapoint IMAP4PROXY

The following reply was made to PR imap/2837; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: David Champion <dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Mutt Developers <mutt-dev@xxxxxxxx>, bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: imap/2837: MYRIGHTS not understood by Mirapoint IMAP4PROXY
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 13:17:38 -0600

 * On 2007.03.08, in <20070308191120.GO2924@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
 *      "Kyle Wheeler" <kyle-mutt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 > >CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ NAMESPACE UIDPLUS
 > >
 > >After (note there is no ACL capability here):
 > >
 > >CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 IDLE LOGIN-REFERRALS MAILBOX-REFERRALS
 > >NAMESPACE LITERAL+ UIDPLUS CHILDREN
 >
 > This is, well, stupid. Not only do they claim ACL support, but QUOTA
 > support as well.

 I'm not sure I understand you.  I surely don't mean to defend Mirapoint
 (we use them, and I'm not a fan by a long shot) but it is legitimate
 to offer different capabilities when authenticated than when not, no?

 I don't see why they *would* in this case, but to me it seems like
 they're not claiming to support ACL or QUOTA when authenticated.
 The patch seems to be quite correct.

 --
  -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx        NSIT    University of Chicago