Re: imap/2837: MYRIGHTS not understood by Mirapoint IMAP4PROXY

On Thursday, March  8 at 08:35 PM, quoth Christoph Berg:
Still, other MUAs probably gracefully accept that broken behavior, maybe mutt should as well?

Probably should... particularly given that it seems to be viewed as "okay" (even in the various IMAP RFC's) for the CAPABILITY response to change after authentication (and STARTTLS). I still don't think it's acceptable to *REMOVE* capabilities when you authenticate, or to claim capabilities that you don't actually have regardless of the state of the machine. But, if you only trust the most recent CAPABILITY response, my argument is kind of a moot point, and mirapoint could technically claim all kinds of nonsense in their initial CAPABILITY response if they wanted to. :)

Does make you wonder if they actually do support all the things they claim in the latter CAPABILITY response, though, or if just most clients don't actually use all of them.

~Kyle
--
To bathe a cat takes brute force, perseverance, courage of conviction---and a cat. The last ingredient is usually hardest to come by.
                                                      -- Stephen Baker