Re: Status of CVS (was: Mutt Mercurial repository reconverted)

On Monday, 05 March 2007 at 18:18, René Clerc wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> * Brendan Cully <brendan@xxxxxxxxxx> [01-03-2007 20:40]:
>
> > The URL is: http://dev.mutt.org/hg/cvs
> >
> > Those of you who already started working off of the old repository can
> > still access it at http://dev.mutt.org/hg/cvs.old. At some point,
> > probably very soon, I'll make the new archive official (I just need to
> > make sure the conversion looks good). You'll probably want to migrate
> > your local work to it at that point.
>
> Not that I'm working much on the Mutt source, but:
>
> - I like to run / test new features and also like to provide feedback
> - I maintain the Dutch translation
>
> I have no experience with Mercurial / hg whatsoever -- will all
> changes still be accessible through cvs, or should I read up on /
> install Mercurial (which unfortunately is not in Debian stable)?

It's my feeling that mercurial is easy enough to install and use that
attempting to maintain a CVS mirror isn't worth the effort. In most
cases, even if Hg isn't available in your distro, you can simply
unpack the tarball, run make local, and symlink the hg you find there
into somewhere in your path (eg $HOME/bin). Its commands are fairly
similar to CVS.