Re: [patch] make headers wrap at wrapmargin rather than hardcoded

=- Rocco Rutte wrote on Fri  5.Jan'07 at 12:51:29 +0000 -=

> >... afterall we're using wide-terminal for a reason. ;)
>
> Hmm. Did you verify this doesn't affect the length of created
> headers for outgoing messages as well?

No, but is there some limit? If so, it would need some flag to
control whether it's folded for display or sending and do it only
for one and not the other.

> I simply can't imagine the header _display_ length is hardcoded
> but for outgoing mails it makes sense...

But it is! The change helped me getting wide display again. :)
(and I'm sending mails this way since then)

However, I missed to include < 0 ranger check as pager.c has. This
also reminds me that both my patch and the pager.c part don't
check whether COLS-WrapMargin>COLS in case WrapMargin is < 0.

So if you tell me how to _cleanly_ make the header folding
variable for display _only_ (if it's necessary at all and doesn't
break to much other stuff), I'd make another patch to add the
missing range checks (or tlr/ brendan just do it yourself).

Even if it seems insignificant, in fact EVERY effort counts
for a shared task, at least to show your deserving attitude.