Re: mutt/2428: S/MIME opaque signed mails unverified or undisplayed

The following reply was made to PR mutt/2428; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alain Bench <veronatif@xxxxxxx>
To: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mutt/2428: S/MIME opaque signed mails unverified or undisplayed
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:36:07 +0200 (CEST)

  On Friday, August 18, 2006 at 17:21:11 +0200, Alain Bench wrote:

 > the old mailcap workaround can be updated to:
 >|  ( openssl smime -verify -text -inform DER -in %s -CAfile
 >~/.smime/ca-bundle.crt ||\
 >|  openssl smime -verify -text -inform DER -in %s -noverify 2>/dev/null ) |\
 >|  fromdos

     This workarounds on opaque signed mails embedding a text/plain. But
 the OpenSSL "-text" stripping headers option does fail and displays
 nothing on embedded multiparts.

     BTW someone knows how to verify and display (if there is something
 to display?), security receipts of type:

     I managed to extract the included certificate chain in the usual way
 (smime -pk7out | pkcs7 -print_certs), nothing else...

 Bye!   Alain.
 --
 Microsoft Outlook Express users concerned about readability: For much better
 viewing quotes in your messages, check the little freeware program OE-QuoteFix