Re: define mailbox shortcut?

* On 2006.08.16, in <20060816184955.GA13300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "Moritz Barsnick" <barsnick@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is totally neat, except that you have to type "#gmail" sort of
> blind. I guess mutt is recognizing similarity to a macro and waiting
> for me to complete the string upto a prefix mismatch before showing
> anything.

Yes, it's the same way that all macros work, only you notice it more
because in the editor context you're used to seeing immediate results
to keystrokes.  Nothing registers (or is printed to screen) until the
keystrokes that partially match a macro are disambiguated by more
keystrokes.

It would be nice to see the keystrokes in the editor line, and once the
macro is disambiguated, have them vanish in favor of the macro value...
but it would be a special case in macro handling I guess.  I haven't
looked at code on this. :)

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx        NSIT    University of Chicago