Re: feature freeze? (Re: [Announce] mutt-1.5.13 is out)

On Monday, 14 August 2006 at 21:38, Thomas Roessler wrote:
> On 2006-08-14 09:59:17 -0700, Brendan Cully wrote:
>
> > Now is probably a good time to start a feature freeze.
>
> Fine with me, if you're ready for "only minor changes" mode with the
> IMAP code...

yes, I think so.
> So, what else -- except for a bit more public exposure of this or
> the next version -- do we need before 1.6 is ready?

Here's some stuff I'd like to see:

I think it'd be good to get hcache to stop storing/restoring pointers
before 1.6.

It might be good to expand $my_ vars (and other mutt vars) in shell
expansions, and to make them take precedence over environment
variables. I'd also like to see 2362 fixed, but I'm not sure recursive
expansion is the way to go. A single round of expansion might be more
intuitive...

We should think about how to make new mail notification consistent and
sane across all mailbox types. Vladimír Marek posted a start to this
in <20060529120134.GA23719@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, but I dropped it on
the floor.

assumed_charset and iconv-hook might be worth a review, but I don't
feel very knowledgeable about charset issues...

The GPG interface sounds like it might need some regression testing.

and how about the esmtp patch? :)