Re: Mutt crashing when opening a mail

On Sat, Aug 12, 2006 at 01:46:40PM +0200, Benoit Myard wrote:

I don't know what version you were previously using, but I'd guess it's
1.5.10 or earlier - there was a bug in the PGP handling code which would
cause crashes when a message couldn't be passed through PGP for whatever
reason.

"Whatever reason" includes "I have no PGP settings". :-)

> My question is that if the message is written in plain text (I can read it
> with
> my-favorite-text-editor), why does it need PGP ?

You can sign messages in plain-text, but still use PGP to verify the
signature. mutt will detect that kind of mail (if it has the right headers),
and automatically try to run PGP/gpg to check the signature.

(Usually I'd sign messages sent to the list, but in this case I'll skip it!)

Hope that helps..

--
Paul