Re: The future of mailboxes?

* Nicolas George <nicolas.george@xxxxxx> [2006-08-10 17:01 +0200]:
> Le duodi 22 thermidor, an CCXIV, Nicolas Rachinsky a écrit :
> > The threadcomplete patch should do this.
>
> Yes, I did not know it, and it could be of some help. It is not direct,
> thought, since it completes threads for tagged messages, not for messages
> selected by the current pattern. For that, I believe the solution is to
> untag all, tag according to the pattern, and then select with
> threadcomplete. It can be done with macros, but it is not perfect.

Ups, the threadcomplete patch should probably have been moved to
the old stuff section. There is an patch which supercedes my
threadcomplete patch called patch-1.5.6+20040904.tg.mutt-thread.3
(here). But I do not have a link to the current version, I use the
one from the FreeBSD port.

With that you you can match threads containing mails matching
arbitrary patterns.

> Le tridi 23 thermidor, an CCXIV, Kyle Wheeler a écrit :
> > DBmail was actually apropo to the subject of a recent heated debate on
> > the qmail mailing list. The summary is here:
> > http://www.memoryhole.net/~kyle/databaseemail.html
>
> It can be summarized further: "I know nothing about databases, but that does
> not prevent me from ranting about them."

:)

Nicolas

--
http://www.rachinsky.de/nicolas