Re: The future of mailboxes?

On Wednesday, August  9 at 07:52 PM, quoth Nicolas George:
- Data isolation: I am not very happy with the idea of having in the same file very old mails, that I may want to read but not change in any way, and recent live mails, whose tags and flags I will likely change soon. I believe that the formers should be in a read-only compressed mbox, while the latter may side in a maildir spool.

I do this with a shell script. Essentially:

   touch -d '3 months ago' /tmp/compareto
   find $mailbox/cur ! -newer /tmp/compareto \
       -exec mv {} $archive/cur/ \;

~Kyle
--
I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is ready for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
                                                 -- Winston Churchill