Re: mutt_FormatString() not multibyte-aware

On Sat, 2006-07-08 10:18:43 +0000, Rocco Rutte wrote:
> For all input streams, we need to _extract_ the first multibyte
> character for padding (which is now: "take the first byte").

After re-reading the thread, I understand what the point is: You don't
want to count characters or character cells, but want to copy exactly
one character.

Sorry for misunderstanding.

So your and Tamo's approach differ in the fact, Tamo uses wide
characters as intermediate string representation, while you use
UTF-8. This is a matter of taste, of course.

Ludolf