Re: mutt_FormatString() not multibyte-aware

Hello Rocco,

 On Friday, June 23, 2006 at 13:02:24 +0000, Rocco Rutte wrote:

> we could also convert to utf-8 first because it's so trivial to test
> for continuations (as mutt IIRC does in other places already).

    I don't get it: We need to count cells. Conversion to UTF-8 would
easely give the count of characters, but each one can take 0 to 2 cells.
So something around wcwidth() like mutt_strwidth() or such is still
needed. And those don't want UTF-8, but wc or current locale mb.

    On platforms where wcwidth() is unreliable, we could embed the
replacement in wcwidth.c via -HAVE_WC_FUNCS.

Bye!    Alain.