Re: sorting, the folder list, and the file browser

* Derek Martin <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-24-06 12:30]:
> As for #2, I'd be perfectly happy if we got rid of $sort_browser and
> just made Mutt always behave this way.  To be honest, I can't really
> imagine why anyone would desire any other behavior, and I'm surprised
> that this isn't a more common topic on mutt-users and mutt-dev.
>
> But I s'pose that goes against the principle of Mutt being the most
> powerful and most configurable mail client around...  So the only
> suggestion I can come up with is to introduce yet another variable,
> $sort_folderlist, which works like $sort_browser, except only with
> regard to Mutt displaying or sorting the list of mailboxes as defined
> with mailboxes in the user's muttrc file.

I agree.  I make links with alphabetic additions to the front of the
file names to make my folders/files appear in a *specific* desired
order.  I favor this as a default action, but would accept a
configuration variable.

HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2