mutt/2277: mailboxes in "mailboxes" directives do not auto-fill in change folder dialog when they have new mail

>Number:         2277
>Notify-List:    dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Category:       mutt
>Synopsis:       mailboxes in "mailboxes" directives do not auto-fill in change
>folder dialog when they have new mail
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       normal
I am using mutt to access an IMAP server (Cyrus IMAPd 2.2.12) where mailing
list messages are auto-filed into subfolders.  Each of these folders are in
'messages' directives, for example:
mailboxes !/lists/netbsd/port-sgimips
mailboxes !/lists/netbsd/port_sparc64
mailboxes !/lists/pchs_vols
mailboxes !/lists/usergroups/calug

The spoolfile directive, for reference:
set spoolfile="imaps://scotty/INBOX"

Even if there are new messages in folders listed in 'mailboxes' statements,
pressing 'c' to change folder does not always result in the folder with new
mail being auto-filled.  Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.
>How-To-Repeat:
Filter mail into subfolders using sieve.  Use mutt to access mail and monitor
some of these folders.  Sometimes this will occur, sometimes it won't.
>Fix:
Unknown