Re: Curiose encoding...

On 2006-06-09 13:25:56 +0000, Rocco Rutte wrote:

> I agree that mutt must not send out something like this.
> However, mutt already has quite a number of features to be
> more robust against standard-violating input like
> RfC2047-encoded parameters. And if it's not too expensive, I
> vote for catching such errors.

Every RFC 2047 encoded word is an RFC 822 token.

"=?asdf.hjlk?asdf?=" is, in fact, three RFC 822 tokens:
"=?asdf", ".", "hjkl?asdf?="

There is no encoded word there.  Sorry.

> So it's a feature request to make mutt use the same alias
> mapping table for RfC2047-encoded words if it doesn't find a
> valid MIME character set name as a last chance.

In fact, iconv has a much broader table of character set names
than what mutt uses (if I recall correctly).  This is *not*
about using the translation table, but about mis-parsing
headers.

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler · Personal soap box at <http://log.does-not-exist.org/>.