Re: Poll: personal convenience vs. global improvement of docs

On May 24 19:29, Parv wrote:
> in message <20060524193230.GC27965@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> wrote Rado S thusly...
> >
> > instructions and vote "I don't care either way".
> >
> >         http://WIKI.mutt.org/?ManualVarNames/Vote
>
> I enable the cookies, entered the password for "EDITOR" as given.
> Then when i clicked "EditThisWiki", i was shown ...
>
>   http://wiki.mutt.org/?MuttWiki/Meta
>

> ... i am not going to futz with the wiki anymore.

I had the same issue.  Then I realized it was my lack of reading
closely.  EditThisWiki is NOT the text we're told to click, below that
on the left is "EditThisPage".  Confusing I think.

> I just note in this email i vote "No, I prefer to keep current
> variable names".  Even though i could bear the one time change in
> names on my own computer(s), my web host does not always have the
> latest software (which is both good & bad thing).  In that case i
> would need to maintain two different configurations, which I do not
> want to look forward to.

This is something I never thought about.  As it is I have a file that is
only sourced by one of my machines to add features the other doesn't
have; I'd be in the same boat you're in.

--
Dave Waxman
dave@xxxxxxxxxx

"Some Scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic
building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity
than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank
Zappa