Re: Poll remove exact address code?

Hi,

* Alain Bench [06-05-22 11:46:24 +0200] wrote:
* On Sat, May 20, 2006 Rocco Rutte (pdmef@xxxxxxx) muttered:
as for exact address, I'm wondering if there're people out there
which actually use it (as it's non-default).

As someone may not even know what this is all about: if 'mutt -v' shows +EXACT_ADDRESS, mutt will output the sender's address exactly as given in the 'From:' header (hence the name). For most cases where 'Name <address>' syntax is used this doesn't really matter. But there're other cases like the older 'address (Name)' version (I only know old slrn versions to generate this) and maybe more (like when RfC2822-invalid headers are used, mutt now tries to parse it and may fail while with this feature, it would just report what it got).

   BTW I wonder what is the nature of the stated brokenness?

IIRC the first brokenness is that mutt doesn't strip the newline at the end of the From: header. The extra linebreak would appear in the pager as well as in the attribution with some expando. IIRC I tried to fix it but failed by far since according to the commit which added the note to the INSTALL file:

<http://dev.mutt.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=mutt/.git;a=commit;h=5d19e3fdbc0a63d833eba5d78772bcdc1b7b9cdd>

it may be complex to fix it. So the question is also whether there's somebody out there who is willing to fix it...

  bye, Rocco
--
:wq!