Re: Again: attachment counting

Hi,

* Brendan Cully [06-05-20 14:11:15 -0700] wrote:

[ hcache ]
note by the way that the attachment count can't be
reliably cached without also ensuring that the same attachment
configuration options are active. One conservative way to do this
would be to hash them all together and cache the hash with the count.

Hmm, I don't want to cache the count value as that would cause trouble, of course. What I'd like to cache is the MIME tree. As I read the code, it simply first rebuilds the MIME tree (that's the slow part) to then count given user's rules. So all we need is to just cache the whole tree (without data, just major/minor types, disposition).

  bye, Rocco
--
:wq!