Re: imap/2244: Copying mail message from local mailbox to remote imaps server hangs when message contains NUL chars

The following reply was made to PR imap/2244; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Paul Walker <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: imap/2244: Copying mail message from local mailbox to remote imaps
server hangs when message contains NUL chars
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 22:30:30 +0100

 On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 07:49:37PM +0200, mutt.wayne@xxxxxxxx wrote:

 > Some badly-formed spam contain NUL characters (\000).  When messages
 > containing NULL characters are moved between local mailboxes, no problem
 > arise.  When moved from local mailboxes to remote IMAP servers, mutt
 > hangs.  Tried with remote cyrus-imapd, courier-imap and dovecot.

 If you've got time, could you try running with "-d2" and add the
 .muttdebug0 file to the bug? You might want to check it first - I don't
 believe any personal info gets added at that level, but it's always best to
 be sure.

 --
 Paul

 We've got Lawyers, Investment-bankers, and the biggest military-industrial
 complex on the planet. We can nuke you, buy you out, or litigate you back
 to the stone-age. Your choice. -- From "_A_W_O_L_"