Re: conditional jumps based on uninitialized values in IMAP code

On Sat, 13 May 2006, Christoph Ludwig wrote:

I did not find out why line 170 in command.c depends on uninitialzed values -
AFAICT the data idata->buf points to is read by mutt_socket_readln in
line 144. I am not familiar with mutt's code, so it's likely I miss
something. Can anyone else explain what causes valgrind's complaints?

well it could be glibc (there are a large number of valgrind complaints
pointing there).  You can test this particular one by doing a memset of
the buffer to 0's before the read.  If the problem still appears, it's
just another of glibc's bugs unrelated to the crash.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net