conditional jumps based on uninitialized values in IMAP code

Hi,

since I observe sporadic crashes of mutt (mostly after sending S/MIME
encrypted mails), I ran mutt under valgrind's control. valgrind reported many
times:

  Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s)

All these reports had in common that they pointed to line 170 in
imap/command.c. The full valgrind report is available in

<URL:http://www.cdc.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/~cludwig/mutt.21564>,

the suppression file used to silence the complaints about openssl's libcrypto
and libssl (version 0.9.7g) is available at

<URL:http://www.cdc.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/~cludwig/mutt.libcrypto-suppression>.

I did not find out why line 170 in command.c depends on uninitialzed values -
AFAICT the data idata->buf points to is read by mutt_socket_readln in
line 144. I am not familiar with mutt's code, so it's likely I miss
something. Can anyone else explain what causes valgrind's complaints?

Regards

Christoph
--
FH Worms - University of Applied Sciences
Fachbereich Informatik / Telekommunikation