Re: mutt/2218: Corrupted display in gnome-terminal

The following reply was made to PR mutt/2218; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alain Bench <veronatif@xxxxxxx>
To: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mutt/2218: Corrupted display in gnome-terminal
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 02:52:54 +0200 (CEST)

  On Saturday, May 6, 2006 at 21:05:02 +0200, Vincent Lef=E8vre wrote:

 >> I do not understand at all the description
 > something like that:

     Understood. For some reason I was searching the 'v' and 'e' in the
 subject, not in the word "save" of the help line.

 > I already have set assumed_charset=3D"us-ascii", and this didn't solve
 > the problem. IIRC, assumed_charset doesn't handle headers.

     Assumed_charset of course handles headers (just try big5) as well as
 bodies. But the original patch had a weakness in the ?-masking of
 unconvertables in headers. When assumed to be Ascii, the Chinese "From:"
 is full of unconvertables. Those going unmasked to screen might still
 corrupt the display. Tamotsu fixed the weakness long ago in his own
 revision of the patch. I'm a little lost in the versions now: What patch
 do you use? Tamo: What's the current assumed_charset patch?

     Note: The Ascii assumed and well masked Chinese name should
 theoretically be displayed as "???@???B?Q?t???" in the index. Which, if
 not as nice as BIG5 ideograms, is absolutely guaranteed to not corrupt
 anything. Pas m=EAme cette chochotte de Gnome.

 Bye!   Alain.
 --=20
 Give your computer's unused idle processor cycles to a scientific goal:
 The Folding@home project at <URL:http://folding.stanford.edu/>.