Re: Build system

Hi,

* Lars Hecking [06-04-28 10:13:52 +0100] wrote:

Maybe you can describe in detail the changes you are going to make.

As a first step, I'd like to add dozens of header files foo.h which define the prototypes of the functions of foo.c and, while I'm at it, regroup files to make more sense.

For example, I'd love to have everything in smaller units by their purpose. This could include moving the buffer_* prototypes from protos.h to buffer.h and the implementation from muttlib.c to buffer.c.

Also, what I could need help with is to a find a nice way solving empty source file problem. Files like utf8.c are compiled unconditionally but the whole content is wrapped in a #ifdef. If we know we don't need them, then just don't attempt to compile it. I can go and grep for a list of files affected and their #ifdefs so we know how to extend configure.in.

  bye, Rocco
--
:wq!