Re: Patches

On 2006-04-27 23:45:58 +0000, Rocco Rutte wrote:

>   - pdmef+fix+attachcount
>     This fixes an ugly speed issue over IMAP

Brendan, could you have a look at this one?

>   - pdmef+fix+dino.diff
>     This fixes mutt/2174

Will commit.

>   - pdmef+fix+ipv6addr.diff
>     This fixes support for IPv6 addresses in URLs

Something like this should go in, but it looks a bit ugly.  I
think I'd like to review this patch a bit more before
committing.  (Which may mean that you may have to re-ping me
before it happens.)

>   - pdmef+fix+noent.diff
>     This removes HTML entities from the DocBook XML manual and stops
>     xsltproc printing tons of errors

Need to have a look at this one; I don't see the tons of errors
that you refer to.

>   - pdmef+fix+sslinterface
>     Triggered by a warning when compiling with POP and GNUTLS, I
>     noticed the SSL interfaces for OpenSSL and GNUTLS internally are
>     different which doesn't make sense

This looks reasonable; committing.

> Besides these: pdmef+patch+ff.diff contains a replacement
> for the current format=flowed handler which can really flow
> lines and is more up-to-date.

This one, too, needs some more review -- in particular, I don't
believe in re-flowing lines just because there's some more
space on the screen.

(The old handler only goes into re-flowing after an overflow,
on the theory that text/plain is, in the first place,
text/plain, and format=flowed is mostly a convenience for
narrow screens.  Of course, one might find that debatable, and
we had that debate before.)

--
Thomas Roessler · Personal soap box at <http://log.does-not-exist.org/>.