Re: imap/2203: Mutt freezes regularily when fetching new messages

On Friday, 07 April 2006 at 15:53, Aitor Soroa wrote:
> > I can't tell much from the backtrace. A .muttdebug0 file (run mutt
> > -d2) from a session that hangs would be much more useful. You might
> > also play with the openssl version to see if it's a gnutls bug.
>
> Ok, this time the program hanged when fetching the mail headers. I
> first went to a local folder (/var/mail/...) and, when connecting to
> the default IMAP folder (! folder) the program hanged. Attached to this
> mail there is the .muttdebug0 file of the session.
>
> hope this helps finding the bug.

I still can't tell. The last thing in the log is:

< * 65 FETCH (UID 23379 FLAGS (\Seen) INTERNALDATE " 4-Mar-2006
00:59:50 +0200"
RFC822.SIZE 5524 BODY[HEADER.FIELDS (DATE FROM SUBJECT TO CC
MESSAGE-ID REFERENCES CONTENT-TYPE CONTENT-DESCRIPTION IN-REPLY-TO
REPLY-TO LINES LIST-POST X-LABEL)] {322}
Handling FETCH
FETCH response ignored for this message
imap_read_literal: reading 322 bytes

which indicates that mutt is probably waiting around for 322 bytes,
but the server is sending less. If you crank up the debugging to -d3,
you should get the contents of the literals, but there will be
information in there you probably would consider private. You'd have
to edit the resulting file. I'd suggest just keeping the last couple
of commands (or command response lines), and replacing any sensitive
characters with 'x'. Don't change the number of characters though.

It could still be a gnutls bug too, I suppose.