Re: tag not skipping deleted

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 10:47:48AM -0700, William Yardley wrote:
> Do folks think that tagging a message should (by default) skip to the
> next undeleted message, for more consistency? Right now, tagging a
> message moves to the next message, whether deleted or not.

I want both behaviours, depending on my 'current location'.

When I'm in the pager, I would like 'tag' to advance to the next
undeleted message. I normally do this while reading through mailman
moderation requests -- I do several passes over the mailbox, tagging
messages as I go, and delete them all when I'm finished.

When I'm in the index, I would like 'tag' to advance to the next
message, deleted or not -- sometimes i like to perform operations on
several messages at a time, some after deleting, others after copying to
another folder, etc.

Several different kinds of tag operations might be nice. :)