Re: browser new mail count

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 10:59:11AM -0500, Derek Martin wrote:

> Ignoring the issue of storing duplicate messages taking up extra
> space, how is sharing IMAP folders better than simply creating mailing
> lists and putting the right people on the right lists?  I can't see

With mailing lists, if you weren't on it when the message went out, tough
luck. With a shared mailbox, you can come along later and still see what was
going on - whether this problem has been seen before, whether this user has
a habit of deleting all their mail, that kind of thing. :-)

That's about the only advantage I can see, really. I'm not sure it's a great
one over mailing lists, particularly since you should be able to access
archives via the web.

--
Paul