Re: 1.5.12 release date?

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 02:11:48PM -0800, Brendan Cully wrote:
> On Thursday, 02 March 2006 at 10:40, Derek Martin wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 02:02:54PM +0000, Luke Ross wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Any planned schedule for releasing 1.5.12?
[...]
> > Or perhaps a stable release... 1.6 maybe?
>
> There are still a couple of bugs in the IMAP code that I'd like to
> fix before 1.5.12 (Kyle's are the worst). They only show up against
> a couple of servers, but they cause crashes.

But of course!  Allow me to rephrase.  A lot of excellent work has
recently gone into improving mutt's functionality, and the current CVS
has a great deal more to offer than the stable 1.4 series...  The last
stable release of mutt was just over two years ago, and that release
was little more than a bugfix release for 1.4, which was released just
under 4 years ago!  That schedule is worse than Debian, and mutt is
an infinitely smaller project than Debian is.

Perhaps it's time to consider a freeze on new features, and just work
on tracking down bugs, toward the goal of getting a new stable release
out soon...  :)

-=-=-=-=-