Re: FETCH on save

* Kyle Wheeler <kyle-mutt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2006-02-05 00:51 -0500]:
>    save-hook "~h 'X-Spam-Status: Yes'" =Spam
>
> If I comment-out that hook, mutt doesn't do the FETCH and saving a
> message is much faster (especially for large messages). I would think

This would match a header X-Foo-X-Spam...., too. I think '=' instead of
'~' could possibly help.

                            You can force mutt to treat EXPR as a simple
   string instead of a regular expression by using = instead of ~ in the
   pattern name. For example, =b *.* will find all messages that contain
   the literal string '*.*'. Simple string matches are less powerful than
   regular expressions but can be considerably faster. This is especially
   true for IMAP folders, because string matches can be performed on the
   server instead of by fetching every message. IMAP treats =h specially:
   it must be of the form "header: substring" and will not partially
   match header names. The substring part may be omitted if you simply
   wish to find messages containing a particular header without regard to
   its value.

Nicolas (not using IMAP)

--
http://www.rachinsky.de/nicolas