FETCH on save

I’ve noticed that whenever I go to save a message from one folder into another (via IMAP), mutt issues a

   a0016 UID FETCH 785 BODY[]

Why does it do that?

I have a hook like so:

   save-hook "~h 'X-Spam-Status: Yes'" =Spam

If I comment-out that hook, mutt doesn’t do the FETCH and saving a message is much faster (especially for large messages). I would think that would be the end of it, except I have

   set imap_headers="X-Spam-Status"

in my ~/.muttrc. Is that not enough? Is there a way to get it to stop sending a FETCH every time? Is there a better way to get the same effect from my hook (maybe using mutt’s scoring features)? If not specifically for purposes like this, what is imap_headers used for?

~Kyle
--
Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake.
                          -- Chessmaster Savielly Gricorievitch Tatrtak