Re: mutt IMAP seg-fault in imap/browse.c

Second time, since I didn't set the From: the first time and didn't see
the rejection before logging out.

On 2006-01-03 at 16:47 +0100, Phil Pennock wrote:
> I have a tendency to suspend a mutt process and come back to it some
> time later, fg'ing it, which might not go so well if the connection has
> idled out in the mean-time.

This is a red herring, sorry.  For reasons which will become clear, I
found this out just after sending the mail which I'm replying to (sorry
about that).

> A mutt built on 2005-12-24 with then-current CVS just segfaulted on me.

Repeated with a mutt built against current CVS.

> I don't remember the exact keystrokes and haven't yet figured out how to
> reproduce it,

I can now reproduce this.

(1) I start mutt, chdir to an IMAP sub-folder ["c", <TAB>, "c", then
    enter path with tab completion]; this is used to select
     "Shared Folders/shared"
    as my cwd; I can then either go to such a folder (eg, mutt-dev) or
    stay in my INBOX, it doesn't matter.

(2) Send an email.

(3) Change folder: "c" <TAB>
Getting folder list...zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  mutt

I must've just been mostly in read-only mode for the past few days,
hence not noticing this before now.

Critical pre-condition seems to have been the chdir to IMAP sub-folder
and sending an email whilst chdir'd.
--
I am keeping international relations on a peaceable footing.
You are biding your time before acting.