Re: mutt/2149: exit command doesn't, if there's new mail

The following reply was made to PR mutt/2149; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Moritz Barsnick <moritz+mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mutt/2149: exit command doesn't, if there's new mail
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 10:40:03 +0100

 On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 23:05:01 +0100, Zefram wrote:

 >  Actually, since the failed quit does a sync, the trivial workaround is
 >  to press "q" again (repeatedly if necessary).

 I think it's the sync that fails (i.e. trying to write back the pending
 changes to the mailbox), not only the quit. But this may be by design,
 because mutt needs to catch up with the "external" changes to the
 mailbox before commiting its own changes? It's a race, and mutt often
 loses. :-(

 I have the same experience as described in this bug report. I open mutt
 while downloading (fetchmail'ing) new messages. I start 'd'eleting
 some, and want to clean up by '$'-synching. It just won't work while
 mails are still coming in.

 Moritz