Re: mutt/2144: Please always use ascii_strcasecmp to compare ASCII parameter strings

[Sorry if I've broken the thread]

Hi,

> Is there any particular reason why you introduce additional
> functions with a mutt_prefix, instead of using ascii_strcasecmp
> and ascii_strncasecmp?
>
> (I haven't looked at the patch, just at the description.)

Well, for the same reasons of using those 'mutt' prefixed wrappers.  I
didn't want any side effects introduced by this patch.  Besides this, I
thought that, a new wrapper set for ascii comparisons might have been
more instructive to suggest the proper usage in similar cases.

I've just tested the patch and it has worked (i.e. no more parse error
on startup).  The decision of whether to accept the new functions is
yours, it shouldn't effect the result.

Regards,

--
roktas