Mail-followup-to oddity

Moin,

recently I learned that list-reply replies to a subscribed ML
_in addition_ to MFT. Intuitively I expect that replies are _only_
sent to MFT (much like Reply-To:).
 What's the reason behind this addition?

For example MFT only would help avoiding duplication via the bts,
so that people list-replying don't send to mutt-dev, too, even
thought MFT is set only to bts.

Can we change list-reply to send only to MFT if that exists?

Even if it seems insignificant, in fact EVERY effort counts
for a shared task, at least to show your deserving attitude.