Re: How to display format=flowed (and other topics)?

On 2005-10-14 | 05:02:48, Holger Weiss wrote:
So you're stating that while my point might be true for text printed on
paper, it is complete nonsense as soon as the same text is displayed on
a screen?  While I wouldn't exclude that there are differences to print
typography, at least the studies of on-screen reading cited in this
thread suggested quite the opposite regarding line length.  So I'd be
interested in how you come to this conclusion (if it's based on more
than "software is configurable" -- that's obvious).

As stated before newsletters use
1.) hyphenation
2.) more than one column
3.) justification

If you manage to implement these things I would *prefer* line length of about 40 characters, until then text displayed in a terminal *is* a completely different thing and I would rather have lines of 160 chars than wasting about 50% of my screen width.

Tom

--
Datentransferlimits und die Breitbandlüge
http://www.hostmaster.org/TransferLimits.html