Re: mutt/1605: MIME header copied into mail reply with 1.5.4i

The following reply was made to PR mutt/1605; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alain Bench <veronatif@xxxxxxx>
To: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "David M. Shaw" <dshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: mutt/1605: MIME header copied into mail reply with 1.5.4i
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:59:36 +0200 (CEST)

 Hello David, thanks for the report,

  On Sunday, August 3, 2003 at 12:02:42 AM -0400, David M. Shaw wrote:

 > On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 01:46:20PM +0200, Thomas Roessler wrote:
 >> feature -- Kmail adds the content-description, and mutt keeps the
 >> content description for any attachments it quotes.
 > I think the ideal would be to have the behavior optional, and also put
 > a quote tag in front of the description (to me, the
 > content-description line is part of the attachment, and should be
 > quoted along with it). How to best add the ability to turn this on and
 > off? A new switch, or perhaps use the 'ignore' command
 > (content-description is sort of a header) ?

     I agree the quoted CDesc (and Content-Disposition name parameter)
 should get $indent_string prepended.

     If it makes sense to quote CDesc in replies to multipart parts, it
 probably make sense to quote CDesc in replies to monoparts also. So I
 moved the code from end of multipart_handler() to beginning of
 mutt_body_handler() which is called for both main body and each part.

     Finally I'd like to not make the feature disablable. I consider it
 to probably not justify Yet Another Variable. I would not like to
 overload "ignore" meaning (one may want to quote Cdesc but not see it in
 pager). And after all the replier is already expected to trim quoted
 text, so one line more to trim seems to me hopefully bearable.

     Uploaded patch-1.5.10.ab.quote_description.2 doing all this.

 Bye!   Alain.
 --
 set honor_followup_to=yes in muttrc is the default value, and makes your
 list replies go where the original author wanted them to go: Only to the