Re: mutt/2069: have extra function to change to mailboxes browser

The following reply was made to PR mutt/2069; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alain Bench <veronatif@xxxxxxx>
To: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mutt/2069: have extra function to change to mailboxes browser
 directly without "toggle-mailboxes"
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 01:24:23 +0200 (CEST)

 Hi Rado, and thanks for the suggestion.

  On Thursday, September 15, 2005 at 12:01:16 PM +0200, Rado Smiljanic wrote:

 > When defining mailboxes it's hard for newbs to find them, because
 > "toggle-mailboxes" is hidden in browser mode and people are not aware
 > of its own help screen.

     I believe that coding a <function> to do something already doable
 may be considered <rot13>oybng</>.

     But what about adding a demo macro to /etc/Muttrc, doing
 <change-folder>?<toggle-mailboxes>, and bound to [y] (think mutt -y)?
 The same [y] key would exit from browser, giving a toggle effect
 convenient to quickly see where new mail arrived. A poor men's sidebar.

     The uploaded patch-1.5.10.ab.mailboxes_macro.1 does that, together
 with some update of the other macros.

 Bye!   Alain.
 --
 A "Reply-To:" header field pointing to the same email address
 as the "From:" is uselessly redundant: A loss of space.