Re: [Announce] mutt-1.5.10

On Friday, 12 August 2005 at 00:18, Thomas Roessler wrote:
> mutt-1.5.10 is available from ftp://ftp.mutt.org/mutt/devel/.
>
> This version is a snapshot of the recent development activity.  It
> is expected to fix a number of known bugs; see the ChangeLog for
> details.
>
> Most of the recent work on this version has been performed by
> Brendan Cully.  Thanks a lot, Brendan!

Welcome!

By the way, the following are some of the most visible new features
and/or annoying gratuitous changes, for those who don't want to wade
through the rather large ChangeLog:

. The edit-threads patch went in, providing two new functions:
  link-threads and break-threads. See section 4.9 of the manual for
  more.
. The current-folder shortcut finally arrived: ^ refers to the mailbox
  you're in when you execute a command (or more interestingly when a
  hook executes one for you).
. New command line option: -D dumps your mutt configuration after
  sourcing your forest of included muttrc files.
. New $braille_friendly option to keep the cursor positioned better
  for screen readers.
. New $imap_check_subscribed option to automatically add subscribed
  mailboxes to the "buffy" menu. My IMAP muttrcs got a bit simpler
  after this.
. $imap_force_ssl has been removed. It didn't really do anything that
  the imaps: and pops: methods didn't. In its place is the new
  $ssl_force_tls option, which ensures that no remote connection
  attempts to authenticate until encryption has been negotiated.

And of course there have been thousands of bug fixes, and slightly
fewer new bugs added.